Contact Person : Jane Jiang
Phone Number : 86-13572180216
WhatsApp : +8613572180216
June 23, 2022
What is 5-HTP ? If it can help increase serotonin levels?
5-HTP is an organic compound with the molecular formula C11H12N2O3, an amino acid that acts as a precursor of serotonin in the human body, so it is thought to help increase serotonin levels, but Its regulating effect on sleep and its therapeutic effect on depression is still controversial in academic circles.
5-HTP is an amino acid. It can be used as a precursor of serotonin (serotonin, 5-HT) in the human body (and then as a precursor of melatonin). Several double-blind studies have shown that 5-HTP can increase brain serotonin concentrations, improve depression and promote melatonin formation, improve sleep quality, and suppress appetite, but these studies are questionable. Therefore, more studies are still needed to confirm whether 5-HTP has these physiological effects. Ghana seeds are rich in 5-HTP, which is currently the main natural source of 5-HTP.
5-HTP is classified as a pharmaceutical ingredient in some countries. In the US, UK, and Canada, 5-HTP is marketed as a dietary supplement (health supplement).
1. Improve the mood of patients with depression, promote sleep quality, and improve mild insomnia
2. Increase the concentration of enkephalins in the body and improve chronic stress headaches
3. 5-HTP can increase the blood concentration of leptin, improve appetite control, and avoid overeating
4. 5-Hydroxytryptophan promotes mood, nervous system health
5. 5-Hydroxytryptophan can suppress appetite, reduce fat intake, reduce anxiety, control mood, and promote sleep
Enter Your Message